Sunday, March 13, 2022

Poster Ideas

 Posters are very important when it comes to marketing a film. I myself have a few movie posters hanging around my room. These posters all perfectly express the aesthetic and vibe of the film. One of my favorite posters I have is The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Whenever I look at it I instantly get flashbacks to watching the film. This poster is not only beautiful but highlights all of the characters and shows their personalities. This is the type of poster I would want for our film. 


The color scheme of our poster I believe should be pink, purple, and yellow. These are all very bright colors and fit the film. The pink will represent love & the girlish tendencies of my character. The purple represents the cheerful & whimsical energy the film has. The yellow represents the bright nature all of the characters have and the happiness the film possesses. We need to stray from any colors that seem dreary. I believe bright blue may also look nice but blue is so often associated with sad I do not want to give the wrong idea.


As for what should be on the poster, I think we should try to highlight all of the characters. Using a still from the film may be a good idea. I am thinking a still from us first walking into the mall. I do not want a simplistic poster because that is typically not the type of posters chick flicks have. We could show the love interest and me on the poster because we are the main characters but I do not thing that is the right thing to do. I believe that chick flicks are a celebration of femininity and that is what the poster needs to express. We also need to be careful that we don’t try to put too many things on the poster and it becomes cluttered. It needs to be easy to see form afar as well, that is very important. 



Next week, I will begin the editing process with my group and hopefully have our final poster!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

LINK TO FINAL PRODUCT

https://youtu.be/uVJxjZ92-UU https://youtu.be/uVJxjZ92-UU